Archive for June, 2014


Advertisements

In a recent installation of Sage 200 2013 (RELEASE VERSION) I found that the server already had a shared directory called ‘Sage’. This was being used for Line 100 data purposes.

In an attempt to avoid issues with Line 100 (which is their current Live system) and current ODBC reports, I decided the best approach was to install Sage 200 2013 to a Share named something else. I went for ‘Sage200‘.

For various reasons this is something I have needed to do with previous version of Sage 200/MMS; and without issue apart from the occasional requirement to amend the SVNMOSW file on the server for 2011.

For 2013 however, I found that this wasn’t the most simple of decisions.

It appears there are numerous config files that are coded to look for the Share name ‘Sage’. It isn’t as simple as telling the installation wizard that the logon directory would be in *Sage200\Logon and it then know to install relevant files as such.

Firstly, although I had gone down this route, after installing Sage 200 onto the server Line 100 still stopped working. Users were no longer able to access the ‘Sage’ share..!!! Having checked the share on the Sage folder, it seems Sage 200 recognises a share named ‘Sage’ exists on the server so attempts to hook on to this (noticeable by the Share comment being ‘Sage 200 File Server’). On looking at the permissions they had all been disabled by the Sage 200 install.

Next step was to create the Configuration database in System Administration. Here I got an error, the XML details telling me ‘Cannot find file: //SERVER/Sage/Logon/Credentials.xml

Correct! This file did not exist, but it wouldn’t have been created yet as this is done during the configuration database creation. However the message did allow me to identify it was looking for the wrong Share.

My instant thought was SVNMOSW, but this does not exist in 2013, however there are the following files that needed to be manually amended:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage\Sage200\Sage200CommonAppSettings.config

Sage200CommonAppSettings

C:\Inetpub\Sage200AppServices\Sage200SecuredServices\Web.config

Sage200SecuredServicesWebConfig

C:\Inetpub\Sage200AppServices\Sage200Services\Web.config

Sage200ServiceWebConfig

IMPORTANT NOTE – Service Packs overwrite these files, so amendments are required again after installing updates.

Finally having gotten things to work on the server I went to a client machine to install, using the Installers directory (in my ‘Sage200’ share!). Upon running the setup and selecting to install the Sage 200 Client I received the error ‘This folder does not contain S200ASServerRootCA.Cer certificate’

Within the Installers directory is an InstallSetting.xml file. This includes a Certificate path, which needed amending to \\SERVER\Sage200\Logon\SSLCertificate

There are also some other lines in this file which should be amended to include the correct share name.

InstallSettings

I was finally able to install, and successfully logon to Sage 200.

So my opinion is……..unless absolutely necessary stick to a Shared directory called ‘Sage