Category: Data Migration/Import


In a recent data migration from Sage Line 100 to Sage 200 2010 I experienced the following issue with a bank transaction.

As per the migration checklist I did a ‘Prove Balances’ of the Bank accounts in Line 100 and there were no problems. After the migration I then did a ‘Prove Balances’ in Sage 200 and, for one account, an adjustment had been made.

The Migration Tool had completed, without any fatal errors. There was an error log, however nothing related to the cashbook.

In line 100 the balance was £47201.40 with 19109 transactions. In Sage 200 the balance was adjusted to £39116.40 with only 19108 transactions.

As the difference was made up of only one transaction, it made it quite easy for me to find out the transaction details. I used ODBC query to look for a transaction to the value of the difference (£8085.00). I then obviously looked within Sage 200 Cashbook, to make sure that the transaction didn’t exist.

With the details of the missing transaction found, I then set about searching for it within the log file by doing a find on the URN.

I found the missing transaction highlighted below:

Data Migration Log details

Data Migration Log details

The key to me solving the problem was actually in the details preceding the highlighted information. It is apparent that there is some sort of conflict with the currency on this transaction.

I used an ODBC query to find the ID of the transaction currency.

From this I was able to look at the currency’s details and found it did not have a Currency name. Because of this the currency is not migrated into the Currency table and therefore transactions using it cannot be migrated.

When importing stock items recently I experianced a bug, that is a known issue by Sage.

I did a validate and import and no invalid entries were identified. However when I did the Import I received the following error message: 

Stock Import Error
Stock Import Error
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This was because a ‘Supplier minimum quantity’ had been entered for an item, but no ‘Supplier usual order quantity’ had been. Though this makes sense, the import templates do not specify this requirement, and the validate routine does not pick it up.